Friday 29 August 2008

Healing amigurumi!


I have been nursing a corker of a cold for the last couple of days, and we all know how rotten they make you feel. I have been in bed most
of the time, so no housework or packing has been done!

I have been looking at all kinds of amigurumi on Ravelry and they always cheer me up. They range from real life objects to total fantasy objects. This little fella is a picture from my Annie Obaachan's Amigurumi book. I think he's a gecko, my Jess wants me to make her one that size. Yeah course I will babe, and I'll visit the optician pretty soon too!! I have to say the more I see of amigurumi the more enchanted I become. It is so absorbing and creative, each piece of work is unique!
I wish I had discovered it years ago.










I have frogged my Escape and started a pattern with it, the contrast stripe is an odd ball of purple Debbie Bliss dk from my stash.

It is a cardigan designed by Hilary Mackin called 'Blackberry Tweed' and was published in the March 2005 edition of 'knitting' magazine. It is a four row mock cable pattern which is easy to do and grows quickly, (I am all for that!). I have made this before in a lovely mottled chocolate colour with a plain brown stripe, I put it in the dryer and forgot about it, how many of us have done that!! It didn't shrink widthways but had a dramatic effect on the vertical aspect, I was so annoyed at myself after that. Another lesson learned the hard way.

Now I will have to move myself and try to catch up on things.

Bye for now,
Cathy x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.