Sunday 20 July 2008

My first amigurumi ...


Meet Henry he's my first amigurumi, ok I'll admit I've botched up his legs, and he does look like he has had a real fright, but he's kinda cute.

I am looking forward to making more, will have to use a much smaller hook next time, and go easy on the stuffing!! My tension wasn't that good!


Practice makes perfect she says!! When I look at his face I can't help but giggle. The design was based on Annie Obaachan's Amigurumi, - sausage dog!! The book is wonderful I dare anyone not to be inspired. The gallery at the back of the book is a real inspiration!! Well my daughter has fallen for him and wants to keep him.
Amigurumi is an ideal spare yarn user, especially if you have bought just a little expensive yarn to try and don't quite know what to do with it. I am definitely converted and want to do more!

Bye for now

Cathy x

























1 comment:

Just call me Ruby said...

very very cute - I love his quirkiness