Sunday 13 April 2008

Frogging a few ....


I can't really settle to do big projects at the mo. I have started several things and frogged them. So I decided to just have a play instead, my hands wanted to work but I just couldn't make my mind up, concentration is difficult.

So I made this with Opal sock yarn .... and a 4.5mm hook.

its a curly wurly scarf from one of the supplements in a knitting magazine. It is so easy, and the colour changes in the yarn make it interesting to do. So I feel I have achieved something!!

It looks very pretty. It will come in handy for unpredictable spring days.

I have bought Nicky Epstein's Crocheted Flowers book, it is so beautiful and inspirational. I really love her stuff.

I also bought some sale yarn - Sirdar Breeze its 60% cotton and 40% acrylic, its really easy to work with, reminds me very much of Paton's washed haze. I have got some corn colour, some lavender and a few balls of pink. My friend has become a Nanny again she has a beautiful granddaughter, I feel some more baby knits need to be done. The crocheted heart blanket was so interesting to do that I would like to do another, maybe not now but sometime soon!!

Keep tweaking the needles love Aruba Blue

x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.