Friday 29 February 2008

Pots, spills and drills...

Sorry not had much time for crafting or blogging of late. Work has been predominant with a stocktake.
Had a really rough day yesterday, had root canal dental treatment, wasn't as bad as the last time I had it done but still - not nice!!
My lovely friend Sue had a fall - hope you are feeling better, love.
It was the first anniversary of the passing of my lovely friend June. I broke a roasting pot which belonged to my late Mum which upset me greatly. It happened to be full of hot stock and I burned my arm in the process. What a mess it made, I mopped up the floor three times....
Time to draw a line under yesterday I think!!!

On the crafting front the crochet afghan is now on a circular needle and is a knitted afghan. Having had nothing on the needles for a while I decided to switch!!! (Ooops I frogged again, but only a little!!)

I have finished the baby shawl. To make a change from the traditional fringe, I crocheted lengths of chain and attached them like you would a tassle, to give a funkier feel!! I used Sirdar Wash n wear double crepe, it may not feel as soft as 'baby' yarn, but on the practical side it will wash, and wash, and wash!!














As anyone managed to purchase lots of Jaegar yarn? I have tried but the quantities I wanted were not available, which is a shame as its lovely yarn and sold at sale prices now obviously.
I have had a little buying spree and bought these two lovely yarns.


Laines Du Nord Cashsilk, shade number 8. Aran weight yarn. It has a wonderful lustre to it!! It looks like a joy to work with!










.... and some RYC Cashcotton DK. I feel a 'summer scumble' coming on, maybe.

Will have to sign off now, got loads of housework to catch up on, and a mammoth amount of crafting to do.

Catch you all soon

Love Aruba xx

1 comment:

Linda said...

Gosh, what a rotten day. I hope today is better. Your shawl is beautiful and washable is very important! The blog looks good, green is a great colour!